View Single Post
      05-11-2021, 10:13 AM   #2254
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
I no longer have my M3, but I know enough about EL exhaust design on this specific platform at this point to have a pretty educated guess at an answer to members' questions. It's why I still stick around on here

The only EL exhausts I've had were my 3 custom passive systems and the TGM valved system.

I'm not clear on what you are looking for though. If you prefer a passive non valved exhaust, I think the AA 3 can muffler with no valves will probably get you there. Either that, or get a valve controller where off = off all the time, rather than OEM operation. But the way I'm reading your post, it reads like you don't want a valved system, so I'd say the AA passive 3 can or find a fabricator to put in some straight through mufflers along with the appropriate sized Helmholtz resonators if needed. Most aftermarket offerings are valved because the stock system is valved and most customers want to keep that feature.

Hope this helped.
Thanks. If I found an exhaust that sounded good/flowed well/was loud enough with the valves closed, i could just unplug the actuators.
From what I've heard, the three-can is on the quiet side. I don't want crazy loud, but I do want to be able to hear it. Not having drone at all is critical, so the the three can with its chamber is appealing. Just don't want it to be as quiet as stock, since I have the resonated midpipe.
This car only booms when cold (first ~20 minutes of driving, not just at startup) when the valves open. So having something where I could either A) just leave them closed all the time and have good sound, or B) doesn't ever make that noise, would be great.
Appreciate 0