View Single Post
      05-15-2021, 12:03 AM   #4606
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
I'm vaxxed up, traveling, and researching X5Ms ...

Dislikes: gas mileage, range.

On another note, anyone not using JBV1 while roadtripping is a complete idiot - this thing is mindblowing. First, it totally resurrected my old V1 - remember how chatty and annoying it is to use such that you just don't use it? Not anymore - JBV1 eliminates everything but what you want ... but you don't even need a V1, it's that good.

Other stuff it does live:
• Gives you a rolling heat map of where cops usually target, and will announce it if you want it too

• Announces aircraft surveillance! Tells you the tail #, if it's a plane or chopper, if it's a cop dept, what pattern it's flying, etc; was warning me 10-15 min in advance multiple times

• Announces crowd-sourced alerts which is really REALLY fucking accurate ... to the point where you could probably be safe from 90% of daytime driving traps w/o a dectector. E.g.: "warning - sneaky police spotted 9/10ths of a mile ahead; confirmed: 2 thumbs up". This was HUGELY valuable! It warned me *every time* of cops hiding on bridge overpasses with radar off!

• Announces speed limit changes (along w/ your current speed), construction zones, safety warnings, etc - this also proved to be oddly useful

• Auto-pushes profiles to your V1 by any criteria you want - so I was using state-by-state profiles to filter our scanning for shit I don't care about like X & K band in CA ... as you cross the borders it announces profile switches

• Enables you to boost the performance of old V1s by auto-pushing custom sweeps (I ain't no expert at any of this stuff, I just learned about all of it like an hour before we left)
Maybe I"ve been out of the loop too long, but mind blown. Even my wife who HATES that shit was loving the thing and gettin into it.

And, btw, we were running Waze concurrently on her phone (but JBV1 even integrates them both and overlays warnings onto any other app!) and it was garbage compared to JBV1.

I can't believe it's free and a good detector is like $800.

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-15-2021 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 2
minn1914012.00
Arcades8162.00