View Single Post
      05-17-2021, 11:36 AM   #2259
Singham14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
so you think remus or dinan would be louder with my current set up? that's what I am taking away from this because it's more of a straight pipe vs. the mad max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Well, I'll be honest, I hated any kind of downpipe with EL exhaust. In my opinion it was trumpety and raspy sounding. But if you really want it louder, you'll get the best volume increase with a new rear muffler. Different downpipes will be negligible and a waste of labor in my opinion.

The AA Mad Max is unique in that the valve open mode is not in the direct path of the exhaust flow. It's more like "side pipes." It's still the shortest path/least resistance way out, and the sound gets through, but it's not the same as something like Dinan or Remus where the open valve is the most straight through path, and gets interrupted and rerouted through the muffler with the valves closed. In my opinion, this is what you should be looking for. You just need to make sure whatever you pick fits with the AA mid pipe.

But from experience, when I was in a car with downpipes and TGM exhaust, that car was setting off car alarms everywhere. Different design than other systems, but geez. Stock cats was loud enough for me.
Appreciate 0