View Single Post
      08-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #147
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I've seen this claimed. Let's try to see what a poll says. Surely you can't get an absolute answer but I'll give it a try. You may have mixed feelings about the new car and obviously we don't know many key things like power to weight, thus this is preliminary. Your exact feelings may not be categorized here - try to just go with your gut.
I see old swamp is still around. So which you like most, posting on the M3 forum, or driving your V8 ? We had quite a few heated car arguments back then before the V8 M3 came out. Strange poll, not sure what your agenda is for posting that but not the kind of thing you would have posted back in 07.
Very happy with my V8 M3, it looks like like BMW reached an apex with that car. Still the most reliable BMW and there is nothing like a free breathing V8. No turbo 6 car for me unless it is AWD. To go against the competition today there are no other routes. Unless you want to drive a 600 Kg RWD kart with a light engine, the only way to keep up with the competition now is AWD + turbo(s). Just look at the Nurburging top 30 cars. Those which are not AWD have to weight much much less.
I don't like the M4 exterior either. Too flat, lacking musculature, oversimplified sides, hoodline moved above BMW emblem. Looks small. I think M2 would have been a better name for it.
Appreciate 0