01-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #45
OhioRiderAaron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmkirn View Post
Welp, I think it's obvious by now that I need to learn to drive a little more smoothly! I took the car in to the local BMW dealer to get a couple of body squeaks looked at and also some significant growling from the brakes following my first track day. They just called and told me that they are replacing the pads and rotors all around. The car only has 3,000 miles on it. The service rep said that "they look like they had quite a bit of action on them" but BMW agreed to replace them so that's what they're doing.
Local upgrade shop is recommending Pagids over Ferodo but I'm not going to change them out each time so this board seems to prefer Ferodo since they are more quiet and perform better on the track. Also looking at Apex EC-7 18 inch track wheels with a stud conversion kit. Shop is suggesting Bridgestone RE71R or Toyo Proxes RA-1.
Finally, shop is recommending Adjustable Lower Control Arms vs. Ground Control camber plates.
Any opinions on this set up? Will probably track 4-6 times per year here in South Florida.
Thanks again everyone.
I'm amazing they're already replacing the rotors..I thought you only had one event on the car?! It's just wasting their own money..

Idk what shop you've talked to, but I would still recommend the Ferodos as they offer almost no-sacrifice performance on track and can handle the abuse better (confidence/safety benefit). I say go with camber plates, not necessarily GC, any brand will do over the control arms. Apex wheels is a good choice, match those with the widest tires possible. You should stick with a street tire for the time being (Bridgestone RE11/71, Hankook RS4 (longevity), etc.)

ZCP - Daily Driven Trackster ~ Gone but not Forgotten
1LE - Track Rubber & Garage Dust Collector
Appreciate 0