CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Hey Tom - purchased a F3X switch body on Ebay for $30 from a used parts service in the UK - whole part was as new - great buy. Put both lower and upper switches in however the upper (front) fog light switch has amber light but the lower (rear) fog light has no active light!! When depressed the icon in the dash comes on and the lights are coded and do come on - do I have a faulty LED or diode in the OEM assembly or does this somehow also ned to be coded - Again there was no light on when switches were out but one was on for the upper light. Problem now is I'd have a hard time convincing the dealership to fix this under warranty as technically it is not legally in use in the US, right?
I am also waiting for my UK switch to arrive any day now. I'll be able to confirm if I have the same as you.

If it is the case, it isn't that bad since we have the rear fog indication in the cluster and the front fog in the button. It is the front fogs that bothers me the most presently since there is no indication to tell me they are on. At least all the visual cues are there .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1