02-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #95
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I am also waiting for my UK switch to arrive any day now. I'll be able to confirm if I have the same as you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
I ran into a similar issue when I was trying to install the rear fog button in my old e92. It looks like the LED or the controller chip on the board are not present in the US switch. It makes sense actually. Why would they put an LED in the US switch boards when we never have a rear fog setup. There is no coding you can do to make that light come on as the required components are simply not present on the board.

Thanks for the feedback guys - indeed had thought of messing with the board but not in any hurry as have a million other things to distract me right now. I can of course live without the rear fog switch light and may just do that - very happy to have the switches annotated with OEM components. Now I need to get Shawn Sheridan to do the coding to get the 'pseudo' front fog light trick to work in combination with my rear fog lights. Always a work in progress it seems

Cheers, C.

PS: I do see a shiny plastic/glass/LED circular light in the rear fog light enclosure - just doesn't work. Does seem surprising in that it would seem like more work/planning/organization than necessary to arrange for these US specific boards not to have that component as opposed to just leaving such an inexpensive piece there as common to all boards - but I guess these things add up!

Last edited by ciaranob; 02-15-2016 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0