tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post

No...needless to say you should've bought a set of snows! I live in the stereo- typically snowiest city in the US.. my 330i with a set of snows is actually a better car to drive in the white stuff than my 2002 wry wagon (also with snows) was!

We need to stop perpetuating this nasty falsehood that you NEED awe to drive in the snow, or the rear wheel drive BMW will go the way of the manual trans BMW in the US! Snow tires should be mandatory in snowy parts of the country... we would all benefit from less traffic jams, less accidents and lower insurance rates. /rant off //

That said I love your post and your automotive history, and passion for these cars!!

Isn't it amazing how you can feel the dna in these cars? When I drive my cousins fantastic e28 525i or my aunts e34 525i (sport, stick, 280k miles!!) then get into my e90, I can feel the distinct genetic similarities, it's awesome and even felt it in a 2013 x1 that I test drove.
+1!! My exact thoughts on both parts! Drive BMWs the way they're meant to be - RWD, and get winter tires. Great story.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!