Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
You have the track as High Plains (HPR), but the video and time of PPIR.

Did you also drive at HPR? If so, what was your time and thoughts?
Good catch, I copy/pasted my car setup from HPR and forgot to change the track. I have run HPR, many times over the years in many different cars. I ran my F80 last year on 285 RE71Rs (ran 275s at PPIR), but everything else was the same as above and ran a 1:53.778. My GoPro quit working for that session, so no video.

As far as thoughts, are you wondering about the track or car? The track is really great if you haven't been out. Lots of technical features, blind apexes and lots of elevation which all add up to a fun lap. The biggest downside is it's in the middle of nowhere. My car works pretty well there, turbos (and the DCT) do amazing at this elevation as I match top speed on the back straight as my old LS2 FD RX7 (475 whp/2750 lbs). The PFC-08s and SRF are almost enough for 4-5 hard laps, but they ultimately need bled. I'm most impressed with the factory cooling system, usually nothing stays cool on track at this elevation, but hot lap after hot lap this F80 stays in the happy zone for water/oil/trans, the charge air cooling loop does alright but starts to climb a little more than I'd prefer.
🤩 1:53... If you ever stumble on any old video or data, please post it. Yes it's an awesome track, albeit I'm only in my second season tracking and obviously with limited experience, but I love HPR. Thrilled to hear from more experienced drivers that it holds its weight.

I've enjoyed following tie developments with the new car. Please keep them coming.

Never mind - I believe I've seen your videos. E9x and f8x running upper 1.50's. Thanks again man!