View Single Post
      10-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #102
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
I can attest that I was using maintenance throttle pre apex and was seriously hindering my lap times. I had an instructor which has 30k laps in various racing series ride with me in one of the sessions and confirmed my "known issues" and talked me through correcting them. I was too hard on the brakes, too early which cause me to slow down too much which I turn caused me to use maintenance throttle. After 30 min session of constant braking reminders, feedback and advice, I finally gained the feeling and confidence. My lap times at Road America dropped 5 seconds because of it. I gained about 10mph on each straight away because of it.
hi---do you mind talking about some of the feedback you rcved? I feel that I'm doing something similar, due to the instruction I have rcved while in the beginner run groups w/ hooked on driving and similar. basically, brake in a straight line, maintenance throttle during turn in and up to the apex, then add throttle as you unwind the steering and track out.

i'm assuming that this is part of the reason my laptimes are so slow (2:24ish at T-hill 3-mile w/ bypass)