View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 02:38 AM   #107
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

I really appreciate the thing that nicknaz brought up, "carrying so much speed into a turn so that you can't get on throttle even by apex." Although I would still imagine it (my lowly opinion ) as a Miata-like thing in order to maximize momentum (perhaps would be scary to even hit the apex) as it does not gain much by maximizing track out acceleration like M4, the continuing discussions with y'all made me think about the mid-corner phase in a way I didn't.

One way to look at how to minimize the mid-corner phase (between end of braking and full throttle, which I incorrectly labeled as "maintenance throttle" that caused confusion- sorry I never heard that term in that way before), I have to avoid the traction circle hanging near maximum x point (thinking as x-horizontal and y-vertical axis, as shown in attached screenshot from Pobst's GT4 video) as much as possible. So looking at these pro drivers' traction circles around the mid-corner shows how they handle it; such as how quick they are on full throttle after end of braking, except a long corner. But even at a longer corner (like that turn of Laguna in the screenshot) Pobst might be handling the mid-corner phase a bit different than I do a longer corner. So much fun!

Oh, also seeing how much he spends on braking while wheel is turned (traction circle in diagonal direction, he stays there for a while at few corners) implies how late he starts braking and fast he enters the corner.
Attached Images

Last edited by MyFragileHalogen; 10-20-2019 at 03:06 AM..
Appreciate 0