01-04-2024, 05:53 PM   #53
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Common sense would’ve told you that I clearly do not spend that much time on the forum routinely because my post count is only ~4k, not 40k. You based your claim on a single snap shot in time. You are the one that keeps bringing up rep to post ratio so it must have a special meaning to you as well as used to help justify your existence. I haven’t once given any thought to this ratio prior to this thread. My life and happiness are not based on online “likes” on a forum.
It doesn't look that way from the previous week or more of activity.

Im trying to use post to rep ratio to exemplify who's trying to stir the pot here based on literally one bad use case with no other occurrences, and you jump from one point to the other trying to back your claim. You're literally trying to say the product is faulty based on one case which turned out to be abuse. I can literally find cases of girodisc's cracking with a similar amount of track use, did I say they were faulty? No everyone's use case is different and there is a chance you can be doing something so extreme you wear the rotor out faster, doesn't mean it is a serious design flaw. This is not the same thing as BMW's spun crank hub issue, or the plastic charge pipe blowing up where you see it happening over and over and over on with different users, different use cases, and with an extremely high replicate count. At this point even though there are a significant amount of confounding variables meaning internal validity will be low, we have so many replicates we are still be able to draw a fairly certain assumption that these parts are very likely defective and not due to chance and chance alone (you will need even more data to and perform a statistical test to determine if indeed this is the case and say for sure, but at this point for generally speaking we can say yeah there probably is a problem here just by seeing the sheer number of issues). And since we have confounding variables external validity will be high meaning the ability for us to apply our conclusion to other cases will more likely be valid. These are simple statistics you do when testing, and so far that doesn't apply to the 034 rotors nor the girodisc case I have pointed out.

At this point it just looks like you're a hater, and for what reason? You accused me of being compensated by 034 for defending their product, I can do the same. Are you paid by other companies to smack down the competition?

Like I said before I was trying to test out a new never used before rotor (034) that I thought was extremely promising and had all the qualities to be what I feel is the best option for the F8X community. It by no means surpasses all rotors in all areas, but the culmination of all of its qualities really makes it hard to be topped. I was being fair and objective.

I have said this before, despite disagreeing with some people on the forum and debating I have no ill will towards anyone - including you, I just want you to understand this I am just defending my point of view and would concede if I were wrong. If it were to ever come down to it where you needed help with something, idk warranty, stripped threads (let's hope not because it really seems to be common on these f8x oil sumps), tuning, coding, etc. And I were able to help, I would still absolutely walk you through what I know step by step in order to hopefully set you on the right path. For example I helped this lady in Texas with her valvetronic issues (they were intermittent and as you know those kinds of issues are impossible to diagnose because they can happen whenever and where ever and you can't pin point it easily), I advised her to always record the car when you unlock it or wake it up as that is when the car actuates the eccentric shaft and those issues can occur, and I also gave them all the puma numbers and previous documentation available where others had this issue, and eventually she got her issue properly diagnosed by the dealer technician and fixed. The same thing with the rear rock shield issue on these cars, some people misdiagnose it as a diff issue, but I was able to help people diagnose this and get their rear brake shields replaced under warranty because BMW released a TSB on it. And like I said before I would do the same for you or anyone that needs help.

Last edited by F87source; 01-04-2024 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0