01-31-2014, 08:17 AM   #245
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
Dude what do you do for a living? You know so much about cars. Do you have your own car shop? Just curious that's all
Thanks

I am educated as an auto mechanic and then went to engineering school afterwards. My daytime job is 90% to do with modified vehicles or amateur built vehicles... Involving cars as differing as Hot Rods, muscle cars, '50ies US cars, modified BMW's (mostly conversions like doing a M3 out of a 320i or turbo conversions), chip tuning, engine management etc. I know more about some subjects than others though

I was "brought up" on Hot Rod Magazine, 5.0 Mustang, Fast Ford, Performance Ford, EVO, CAR, Sport Auto and Auto Motor & Sport Magazines

I've been to a few "interesting" places such as Koenigsegg, Caterham, Cosworth (was quite impressive to see their F1 engines on the dyno.. ) and hopefully I'll be visiting with some "interesting" people in Germany later this year...

I'm just a regular guy that is quite interested in cars and engines, and am fortunate enough to be able to have that as a daytime job, that's all
Appreciate 0