View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Smile How To: FREE Full E85 Flash Tune w/ BMS + BM3

03/13/20 As of the most recent BM3 update, I've received word that only authorized BM3 tuners are allowed to upload raw .bin file formats. Thus, ending the option to self-upload JB4 BEF maps.

Sorry folks! This was a good open source option while it lasted, but business is business.

All credit goes to Terry@BMS for providing these free maps to the F8x M community.

Here's a quick tutorial on how to flash a FREE full E85 tune without the need for a custom e-tune. It's a well known fact that the BMS back-end flash maps can be flashed with MHD. However, many people are not aware that the same [.bin] flash files can also be flashed using bootmod3 -- see steps below:

1. Login to www.bootmod3.net
2. Navigate to [My Maps]
3. Click [+ File] option on the upper right corner
4. Click [Tap here to browse] and select your BMS E85 .bin flash file
5. Enter map description and click [Upload Map]
6. (Optional) Click [Config] for custom map configuration changes, such as:
* Burbles
* Cold-start delete
* No VMAX Speed Limiter
* No CEL from catless downpipes
7. Save Changes
8. Click [Flash] and select [Press Here to Flash Now]

F.A.Q.

What do I need to run full E85?

You can load the BMS E85 BEF similar to a Stage 0 or Stage 1 map. Because the boost values remain stock, the only requirement for the full E85 map is 100% E85 fuel content, with everything else optional.

Do I need to have a JB4 installed?
Both RACE and E85 back-end flash maps from BMS are self sufficient maps. Having a JB4 installed is optional, but mainly if you're looking to push more than stock boost values (18-21 psi).

What supporting mods are recommended?

* NGK 97506 spark plugs gapped between 0.018" to 0.020" (only if you experience misfires)
* BMS charge pipes or equivalent

Is this tune safe?
With the help of F8x volunteers, the BMS E85 BEF has been thoroughly tested and refined by Terry@BMS over the last two years. You can read more about its history at https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54795

Essentially, this is the same E85 BEF that was used to set the stock turbos 1/4 mile W.R. of 10.2 seconds at 135mph, along with many 10-second 1/4 mile passes achieved by other members.

What's the use of running this map if it stays at stock boost?
Aside from knowledge sharing, the purpose of this map is to allow those who are curious to know what it's like to run full E85 without spending $500 for a custom tune.

From personal experience, the E85 BEF on stock boost is levels above your traditional pump gas map in terms of performance. You can always run a stack tune setup (JB4 + BEF) if you feel the need for more horsepower.

Are there any known issues or limitations by running the BMS BEF maps?
Currently, both burbles and GTS startup roar options are not being applied correctly via BM3. There is an open support ticket for PTF to address this issue with a future update.

Where can I download the maps?
You can download the free maps at https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54795

Disclaimer: In the video walkthrough, you may have noticed that a newer version was uploaded over what's currently available via the download link. E85_IGN_14_T1 was a custom revision provided by Terry, which offers better startup under cold conditions and improved throttle response. Contact me via PM if you want to get your hands on this particular version.

Update 02/17/20: E85_IGN_14_T1 download link

Last edited by FriedPiston; 03-13-2020 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 6
Shadow2121.00
tanzm4_175.00
TideMD291.50
FSociety3812.50
FastM3CT165.50