View Single Post
      02-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #93
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

used it for 3 years on last m3. use it all the time on the m4. came in handy in jacksonville, daytona, and miami this weekend. i use it because its time its not spitting out emissions for no good reason. and it saves some fuel. nothing wrong with that.
the additional wear on the engine would likely be not even measurable. The system doesn't work when the engine is cold. once its warmed up everything is all lubed well. the starter is heavy duty designed for repeated duty. just about everyone in europe uses it and i haven't seen a massive recall on starters or engines blowing up left and right over the past 5 years so i'm guessing its okay to use.

and you can be an enthusiast and use it. and you can have a sports car and still care about emissions. someone tell me i'm not using my own car the right way and should get something more appropriate gets absolutely zero F's from me.