06-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #660
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
You are totally missing my point. I am not talking about a E9x vs F80. I am talking about the MASSIVE overall push from almost all car companies to reduce engine size and add turbos.

So many cars are getting reduced size and a pair of turbos. Sound and feel are changing.

I like it how today we have both forced induction engines and naturally aspirated. It makes a lot of engine diversity. I foresee a future of MOST performance cars being smaller than todays engines with electric assist/turbochargers.

BMW is now 100% trubo, Audi is going, Benz is going... There is talk of a 4 cylinder M3 coming. If i was making trubo chargers for a living, i would be getting pretty rich!

Ok, make up your mind. You said, and I quote (..with bad sentence construction, spelling errors, etc.).......

...."Its a downward spiral from here. everything is going small trubo engines. watch next engine M3 be a 4 cylinder engine. people will look back at the V8 days and dam "wow this use to make engines like that"

That is a direct statement about the E9X and M3's in general, hence my response about M3's. I still stand by my statement. The majority of the cars on the road are naturally aspirated. Luxury variants make up a small percentage of what's on the road and what is driven by the average Joe. Yes, there are many turbocharged cars (..there have been forever.....Supras, Z's, RX-7's, etc.), but you're looking at things from the narrow enthusiast perspective, not from an overall perspective.
Appreciate 0