View Single Post
      07-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #53
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
I had someone in the regional sub-forum recommend two additional shops in my area (Auto Sport Werks and Bimmerhaus). The first one quoted me $850 at 6 hours of labor, just to install the front two springs. He also made it clear that he had never done a spring install on an F80/F82/F83 and that they specialize in older models.

The second shop quoted me $1,650 to install the front two springs and do an alignment. They called out the removal of the two front strut braces (metal one & CF one) as being the most time consuming part of the whole install and the core reason why it takes so long (hence, the large labor quotes).

Is this really the pricing I can expect to pay for having 2 springs installed?

For giggles, I just called my BMW dealer to get a quote on parts/labor for the M-Performance HAS kit. $1,700 for parts and $900 for labor.

At this point I'm going to put this idea on hold while I do more research and determine if it's a project I can take on myself, with a buddy.

Last edited by DadVibes; 07-08-2019 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0