Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Documents not in order ( vehicle not titled in your name -for example )

It's not possible to pay for your classic car that you haven't ever titled in your name because you had the title/ pink slip in a safe and the vehicle was never registered in your name.
Interested in this.

Could you expand on this? If too far off topic, you could message me or start another thread.

I would have not thought there would be issue if you held all signed titles etc and paid for insurance but you know what they say about assuming.

Thanks.
Certainly.

While possession may be 9/10ths of the law .. unfortunately it takes 10/10ths to settle a claim.

Most insurance policies specify that they cover vehicles that you own, so if it's not titled and/or registered to you - the person who insures it .. then the policy doesn't apply.

Many people own vehicles like track cars , rat
Rods, classic cars, project cars , cars that have been passed down from relatives that have passed away, or perhaps obtained legally in a divorce , or a vehicle that they have otherwise purchased or obtained, but simply haven't registered and/or titled in their name.

If the vehicle and all associated documents are lost in a fire (or flood ) then the only way to confirm ownership is via state records such as DMV records, divorce records , death certificates etc. Obtaining duplicate records is possible , but if there are no records to obtain ... then it's difficult to prove ownership, certainly at the very least an already horrible situation becomes more difficult.

While I'm on the topic, and certainly appropriate regarding the M4 in this story ..making sure one has receipts or photos or videos of modified vehicles is always recommended.

The destruction of vehicles from fire is typically so severe that wheels are melted and the car is simply unrecognizable.
Appreciate 0