View Single Post
      05-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #41
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

My F10 was a very early build, one of the first ED slots in 2010. Did it have issues? You bet ya. Did it miss out on some nice added features? Yup, combox for example. Does this discourage me from buying an early M3? Nope.

I luckily got out of the F10 after just six months due to a buyback. I say luckily becuase it was such a disappointment in pretty much every "fun to drive" area compared to my many other BMWs. Issues I can handle since BMW is very good at dealing with them, what I'm concerned about is driving dynamics and the lately elusive "fun to drive" factor.

I really hope that the F80 will be given to auto journalists way in the advance of the official start of production so that we can get a good idea of what it is like to drive. I do think it will be uber awesome. The M3 is the essence of BMW and the M-division has some reputation to repair. There is a good size pool of both F10 incl M5 and F30 buyers who are not finding the car they want and the M3 can be the "collector" of these potential brand strays. A lot is at stake and I expect a superb car.

Last edited by solstice; 05-28-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0