Originally Posted by blockdoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///FASTDAD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///FASTDAD View Post
Got mine installed by the dealer.
I don't understand why folks don't do the whole solution....even the manufacturer does not recommend just the CBC? We spend thousands (tens of thousands some) on wheels and go fast mods but get stingy with this
Agreed and I'm aware it is not a complete solution.

Based on my research and my purpose, I felt that pinning the hub wasn't completely necessary at this time.

Chance of it slipping is fairly slim and if it does, most of the time motor simply needs to be retimed. I would pin the hub at that time.

Nothing to do with being stingy, I just didn't feel comfortable doing all that work to my S55 preventatively. Several custom tunes including full E85, while being cognizant of heavy downshifting, knock on wood no issues here besides hurting feelings on the street.

I see you stated there are more than few cases of SCH with CBC. Could you please share at least one?
There's been a good number of threads on this. Honestly, I don't have the energy to search, but they should not be hard to find.
I have been following all the SCH threads on this forum as well as other forums over the past 2 years and I can tell you that I have yet to see a reported SCH in the presence of CBC. I do know 2 SCH cases of VTT spline lock hub but neither of them had CBC installed (I can provide links if anyone is interested).

As someone else mentioned above, I also think the spline lock hub (especially v2) along with CBC is the complete solution (CBC is not the 100% solution by itself), no denying that. However, only having CBC is still better than nothing. Again, I have yet see a SCH with CBC installed and as far as I know and based on my search, the number of SCH cases with CBC is zero. Please provide proof if you claim otherwise.
Appreciate 3