2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Well, I am doing my upgrade in phases to help keep my wallet from burning a hole in it... I went with speakers first because I really never thought about upgrading the HK amp as up until recently, there really were no PnP options for HK cars.

But in your case since you are basically starting from scratch, if you don't want to do everything at once, you may want to consider doing the amp first and see how things sound to you. There is one other PnP amp option on the market by Bavsound, their Renenant Pro amp. But I prefer the 10DSP over the Revenant Pro due to more flexibility and tunability. The Revenant Pro amp is essentially "locked down" - including the tune files. And since sound setups, including tuning, are so subjective, I prefer the tunability/flexibility of the 10DSP, even if I ultimately get the system professionally tuned, it will be tuned to my liking.

One other thing I have learned in my research thus far is that you don't need to pay a premium price for good (or even premium) sound all of the time. For example, the Earthquake underseat woofers have received a lot of good reviews, including good technical reviews (which I like), and a pair can be had for less than $250, while other options can be $500+ per woofer. That is why I plan to give the Earthquakes a try.
Thank you! Any recommendations on a dealer for the Audiotec Fischer stuff?
No, unfortunately. The only online vendor I found was Crutchfield, but they did not carry the 10DSP or the PnP harness to go with it (they do carry the 7BMW though and other Match products). I contacted MSC America, the sole US Distributor, and they gave me a recommended dealer relatively close to me. I have not contacted them yet so I don't know their pricing or if they will even sell stuff they won't install (some installers don't) since I plan to DIY the install. However, when I am ready to pull the trigger, I hope the local dealer works out so that I have a source that should be able to tune it if I decide to go that route.

The MSC America site does have a dealer locator, but I recommend you reach out directly to them to see if there is a particular dealer they would recommend based on how you want do your project.

You might want to consider adding some sound deadening and quieting to help further enhance your sound system upgrade. A few pics below of a recent weekend endeavor to "prep" for my future upgrade…
Attached Images

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2897.00