View Single Post
      10-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #20
daffyduck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Thanks so much for all your replies! Where should I start..

First off, track performance is not #1 on my wish list. I'm not taking my beloved F87 to a track (stupid, I know) - maybe I'd do that with an F80. But before that I'd do some kind of track trainings. Did that before, but some more of them won't hurt!
What appeals to me is the idea of being able to use the F80 for both daily use as well as for the trips I'd use the F87 for. Having nicer colors, interior as well as the 'more exclusive' M-engine are definitely a plus! (although I like the burbling noises the F87 procudes in sexy-mode )

Maybe I'd be able to make use of the F80's purpose (sporty daily driver sedan) more often than with the F87 (sporty sport/track car) Having the more grown-up car would surely be nice, too - although it's kinda funny (and sometimes weird) seeing people in the streets taking pictures of the F87 -every- time I take it for a ride

So the M3 is an awesome performance car. But I read something about less ground clearance - which takes me back to daily usability. Do you take your cars to parking garages or are you better off avoiding steep driveways? Is there anything else I should know? What about snowy mountain road?
What about the manual transmission? Does it feel as great as it does in the F87? Seems like steering feel is worse than in a regular F80? I configured a non-ZCP M3, although I'd be waiting for the M4 LCI, hoping that some changes get transferred to the base M3 as standard equipment

Last but not least, thanks again for reminding me of Porsches, again
They're 'always on my mind' , but I find it interesting that you mentioned the Macan GTS as an alternative to the F80. Not focussing on track performance myself, the Macan still seems like a totally different car concept to me. One thing I find even more interesting is the fact that -while Panamera and Macan are being named- no one's even mentioning the upcoming RS4 B9? First, I thought that Audis are an unpopular topic on this forum, but then a read about RS5s here and there - so that can't the point?

I think I'm gonna take an F80 for a test drive and post my impressions here, afterwards. It's just so hard (=impossible) to find a 6MT one at the dealers
Appreciate 0