redux
WTF does Stage 1 mean?
Rep
Drives: Bwm and such

Garage List
2011 1M  [9.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMV_M4 View Post
I disagree. Frankly, "The Veteran Card" is likely the most powerful play in his book at this point. Especially if you're a combat veteran and have suffered an injury in battle. It only takes ONE PERSON that does sympathize with your situation to spread the word and ignite a viral shitstorm for BMW NA making them look like they take advantage of and discriminate against Veterans. Of course it isn't true as we all know they don't give a shit about any of our complaints regardless of military service. The truth is irrelevant when it comes to public opinion; historically, large corporations will go to great lengths to mitigate damaging media coverage or other negative publicity.

Even if you aren't the type to use the V-card and your pride makes it tough to swallow, you should utilize any means available to you to make this situation right. If I were in your situation, I'd forget about my pride and ignore the critics so I could drive my M again. $40,000 out of pocket for an engine is an immense expense.

If you indeed DID NOT over-rev the engine as you say, I encourage you to seek any remedy you can. If you did money shift and want to pass the blame off on BMWNA, you need to accept responsibility and pay for a new engine or face reality and buy a different car.
I agree that the veteran card is powerful. It is also extremely offensive to those of us sharing the same status that do not take reckless use of it lightly. The ability to purchase a vehicle of this magnitude generally removes him from the category of "down and out" vet. The military runs on pride and that pride remains with many of us long after our ETS date. He should have the fortitude not to use the use his veteran status to resolve 1st world problems with BMWNA and leave it for those that can't eat or are suffering from the affects of multiple combat tours. A badly worded forum plea for help gets no sympathy when the title of the thread starts with "ARMY Veteran".

Last edited by redux; 11-20-2015 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 6