View Single Post
      05-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #180
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
How was it Guy? You and 'Daddy blue MacQueen' survive the track day ok? What are your thoughts and experiences?? New tyres needed already
Yep, we're all in one piece. Only had one moment where I ran out of lock and talent

So brakes are sh*te. Even with new fluid and hoses (but with original pads as my replacement ones hadn't arrived), it was disappointing with fade. BUT I soon realised that there was something very good underneath this in terms of ultimate stopping so just need to work on this. Think cooling and better pads should solve it.

Started off with TC (in quest of research and it really is quite good). Then moved to MDM (which is restrictive in 2nd but muchly improves at higher speeds) and finally everything off.

The balance of the car is quite wonderful - you really can steer it on the throttle. Sport+ suspension showed its limits on one particular corner but otherwise was excellent. If I was doing track days a lot, I'd spend the money sorting the brakes first.

Car held its head high. I think it will take a few more days before I really start to commit more at higher speeds with everything turned off. Sure someone with more talent would find it easier but always in back of my mind is fact I don't want to stack it!!

Got some video which I will post up at some point (including my spin).
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 1