FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
How did those 9660s hold up?

Thanks for posting the vid!
Essex AP Racing brakes are the best brakes to have on an F8X. There is a reason these get snapped up whenever they’re for sale used. I’ll admit I was skeptical at first, but as the session went on and heat built into the brakes they just got better and better. It gave me tremendous confidence to know I could brake much harder if I needed to, but since this is only my second track day since my crash last year, I was braking at 7-8/10 in most places. I tried to keep ABS out of the picture.

DTC-70s tolerate a ton of heat, but they didn’t like the fact I didn’t bed them in before getting them hot. I showed up at the track, swapped pads, and went straight out. This made the rotors very angry and they responded by resonating from the pad deposits. I took it easy and made a couple circuits of the roads around the track to bed them in cold, then went back out and everything was beautiful after that. Ferrodo say that the pads aren’t meant for street use, but they seemed to work fine with plenty of bite when cold and only a tiny bit of squeaking.

The real test is in two weeks when I return to Monza. I will try to have temperature strips by then as well.
Appreciate 1
NYG10735.00