View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #196
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
But if the next M3 doesn't have an electrified drivetrain, which is quite likely, then the chances become much better for one more generation of the MT. Even if the S58 is 48V like the M256 and has integrated mild hybrid tech such as flywheel starter/generator or some form of electric turbo charging, the MT should still be easy to integrate.
As of right now, a MT for the next generation of M cars is not likely except for the M2. If you really want an MT BMW which is not an M2, you better start buying them now.

It might change that but as of right now, a MT is not being considered for the next generation of M3/M4 despite all the logical reasons that we might consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Based on what SickFinga said in Post #88, I am not so sure.

This car is not a separate model like the CS and GTS, but an iteration of the standard F80. That may seem like a minor technicality, and in a general context it is, but I would suggest that it may be important in cases such as the one you bring up.

I remain somewhat skeptical that this car will actually be called "M3 CS".
I am not sure if I can change your mind but there is another car (little more updated) in a different color that has a trunk badge which says M3 CS. This is the M3 CS.

Edit: As I mentioned earlier, we will know officially what this car will be called "much" sooner than expected.

Last edited by Gatte; 10-25-2017 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0