09-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #363
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
It doesn't have inferior sound. But your original post was factually incorrect. The piped in sound isn't to cover up a "crappy sound", it's to enhance the induction sound to aid in allowing the driver knowing when to shift through sound alone. We can argue all day about the sound and get no where, many former E9X owners love the sound of the F8X and have commented that it's actually louder than the E9X in stock form.
How many people who DON'T have an emotional stake in it (don't own it), who own a nice performance car, "love" the sound? Now, how many in that category DON'T love it?

Re:louder. So what? A truck with a rusted muffler is louder. I never said it wasn't noisy, or that noisy was preferable.

Quote:
As for lag, the fact that this car has anti-lag isn't a step backward, it's a step forward.
Hilarious! Yea, lag, and systems to reduce it are a step forward from the no lag competition such as Cayman.

Quote:
Find me another production turbo car that has this feature.
I agree it's a great feature to reduce a huge flaw in using turbo engines for performance cars. That's the point; it's a flaw.

Quote:
Sure lag is a tradeoff (very minimal at that and even less at the track) but you what you gain is a ton of torque.
Let's be clear: if it was "minimal" there'd be no anti-lag mode. So stop, please.

Re: gain. I agree way more torque. You also lose all the high rpm rush.

Quote:
All cars have tradeoffs. You seem to let the few negative (IMO, almost nonexistent) attributes of the F8X to completely overshadow how much of a leap forward it is as a total package.
I think it's a great car. Just can't imagine going straight from S65 to S55. That's going from a ginger to a brunette. Too drastic: gonna need a blond transition piece!

Quote:
But this thread isn't another F8X vs E9X thread (it's amazing how some people can turn any thread into this stupid debate), it's about one amazing car vs another amazing car.
I need a back seat so in this context I'd choose the Bimmer.

Just wish it was a high revving NA motor.
Appreciate 0