View Single Post
      01-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #156
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
If you are waiting for competition pack you will be waiting for under two years.
There is no need to offer at launch as the standard cars in their basic form are quite exceptional. Optional performance is considered at a later date.

The M5 was launched in 2011 and received the Competition Pack just under two years later. Expect similar time frame for the M3/M4.
I'm not sure I get the reasoning here. If you look at the E9X M3 the performance didn't change really from launch to the end of production. It was always exceptional. Why do you think the standard M3 will not be exceptional anymore in less than two years? And why is it not good business to squeeze another $5k or so out of many buyers from the get go by having a comp. pack ready?

I think the only thing it does is to annoy early adopters and maybe deter some from buying early in the first place.

Personally I don't care for any power bump but I'm not happy about missing out on chassi/suspension/steering improvement as thanks for buying early.

Anyhow thanks for all the answers. You are a great asset to this forum for sure even if calling comments from customers beyond parody isn't really smooth
Appreciate 0