Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
I'm seriously considering having my M3 vinyl wrapped in Nardo Grey or similar color. I know cost can range anywhere from $2k - $5k and there are a couple of reputable shops in my area that I can trust to do the job. But I'm hesitant since I don't know much about the longevity and durability of vinyl wrap.

For those of you who have had your current or previous cars vinyl wrapped, what is your overall experience with it and do you find that it was worth it? For instance, how well does the vinyl wrap hold up over time and to the elements? My car is always garage kept so I don't anticipate any premature wear from the sun constantly beating on it. But it is a daily driver and is going to be driven in all seasons.

The thing I'm most curious about is how well it holds up to rock chips/road debris. One of the shops I checked into said that it's as strong as a standard 3M clear bra. Which would be fantastic, if true. Especially since at just 8k miles on the odometer, I'm amazed at how aged the OEM paint looks with light scratches/chips. I would love to change up the color and protect the paint at the same time.

Anyway, I'm just genuinely curious to read input from others on this topic as I mull it over.
Depending on where you are geographically , the hood, roof, and trunk are only warrantied shorter because it's horizontally facing instead of vertically facing. This is for both 3M and Avery. This is even shorter if it's color (other than white/black).

The vinyl is not as strong as the clear bra, the clear bra is much thicker. Also I can be wrong, but vinyl does not self heal for scratches and stuff like that. PPF is around 8 mills thick and vinyl is around 3.5 mills.

Be mindful of the time it's on the car, once it's on there too long and it starts cracking due to heat, it will be a pain to remove.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0