03-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #34
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnn517 View Post
Jumping in to share my experience with the ID4 to ID6 flash for my 2016 M3. I reached out to kubax86 to get more information since I was a bit hesitant like OP, but this is definitely the route to go if you don't want to spend the money to replace the whole head unit.

The whole flashing process was super quick, not including the 40ish minutes it took to install the wifi antenna (which is pretty straightforward and took a bit longer than I expected since the trim removal could be a bit tricky if you've never done it before). For those interested, I used a Noco Genius10 during the process and had no issues.

Everything runs super smooth and much better than I expected! All the steering wheel buttons work as they did previously and I didn't notice any issues using them with CarPlay. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any "feature" related questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

I highly recommend reaching out to him if you're interested. He's super responsive and an awesome dude to work with!
We appreciate your feedback
Appreciate 0