View Single Post
      05-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #51
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
True, it's all about the driver and I'm sure a seasoned track rat could do more with a 340i than a total amateur like me could do with my M3, but that's not what this thread is about. As far as value outside of warranty, that's also not what this thread is about. If anything, the stock M3 still under warranty will still outperform many modded 340i's, which run the risk of voiding the warranty on it's many modded components.

Add to this the fact that even a conservative JB4 tune on an M3/4 will send it even beyond what a heavily modded 340i with thousands of dollars in upgrades will do in the hands of a skilled driver.
There is no argument the M3 is the better car. It just is not a "world" of difference as the apes-beating-chest I-spent-more-so-I-am-better guys seem to think over a 340i is all I am saying. The 340i already has enough power for most tracks especially with a tune and the B58 is a monster which if not capped could exceed the S55. I pass plenty of M3s and porsches at track. Its a difference not a "world" of difference.
Appreciate 0