View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 10:41 AM   #90
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
People are getting 30k bills for anew engine installed.
Matty, make a couple of calls and find out. Check with Kies on the East. If it really is that bad an issue here for the F8x, you'd see people just bitching all over the forums.

As I posted earlier, I gave you the stats. $3-4K isn't that big a deal when it comes to M cars. I think a little perspective is needed here.

Now, these are not basic DD cars. If you want power for cheap, its not on this platform. I had an E46M; those RTAB fixes are expensive and if you cost adjust those for inflation, it'll be close to what this is. Then there's VANOS and that is a big big deal.

EDIT: I just saw your response. Yes, adding a solution on a 7K mi car seems crazy, BUT this is a different platform with way more power than the E46. If you want to play, you got to pay the price. The CBC is not snake oil; it does work, but isn't the 100% solution. I would hazard a guess with a CBC, most folks won't spin unless they are heavily modded and beating the car.

As far as market values, I don't think you're seeing the SCH affect resale values.
Appreciate 0