View Single Post
      01-04-2022, 12:46 PM   #11
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
+1 to SPL and Turner supporting being much better.

One thing I like about the SPL is that it comes with a convex washer to fit the concave index on stock style struts and the thread pitch of the rod going through the strut/sway bar is the same as the stock end links so you're not limited to using whatever stupid nylocks are included and can use OE lock nuts. I think GC also has the convex washer, not sure about their thread pitch though.
Does anyone know if all the endlink offerings have one of the ends reverse-threaded, so that when you spin the central bar both ends shorten or lengthen simultaneously? I know the GC's are like that, but wasn't sure about SPL/Turner.
That feature seems nice to be able to dial out preload with both ends attached, making it easier with the wheels/car on the ground so that you don't have to try to finagle getting the endlinks into the holes with poor visibility. You basically just rotate the central bar back/forth (again with both ends connected) until you achieve minimum resistance.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like yes at least for SPL, for those ECS site mentions "left hand and right hand threaded rod ends"

Last edited by jfritz27; 01-04-2022 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0