Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveEurope View Post
Do you know if you need the Enhanced USB-Bluetooth for the lap timer app to work? What are the other benefits?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
As far as I understand the laptimer app is standard on this car. As such I can't imagine requiring optional equipment for it to to work. We will surely find this out soon enough when we test the feature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post
Mine arrived yesterday as well.

I'll probably have the most boring color combo of the cars in the group. Black sapphire on full black interior.

My CA noted the enhanced USB Bluetooth as a worthwhile option and, after looking into it a bit, I think it will be, but I'm a huge dork.

Also, if the OP just wants a lap timer option, a $20 iOS app by the name of Harry's Laptimer fixes that. I have the BMW Laptimer that works with the Apps stuff on iDrive and Harry's Laptimer is still better.
Here is your answer: (useless if you ask me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason335iMsport View Post
I'm a dealer and just did some research on this...

6NS will add a secondary microphone, mobile office, 2nd phone via Bluetooth, and Message Dictation (extra cost of $30.95 annually), and the Smart phone integration. Full functionality for mobile office and message dictation will depend on your phone.

Bluetooth Audio streaming will now be standard.
and all the details on 6NS:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Bluetooth Changes 4-14.pdf (198.5 KB, 70 views)