View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #55
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _robert_ View Post
Put yourself in the head of a car collector in 25 years - will DCT/heads up display/electronics matter? People collect cars for the driving experience, and a manual transmission provides an engaging driving experience. Imagine you have 10 cars in your garage, and it's 6am on a Sunday - which keys do you pick up? You know if you want performance you have the 2045 all-electric Porsche GT3.

That's why I went with 6MT, cloth seats, not even a backup camera. Even a backup camera doesn't matter in 25 years Collectors want unique experiences, I don't think 6 speed, cloth seat german sedans are being made anymore.
Your post is purely opinionated..... All people value options differently. I for one think the HUD adds to the overall driving experience and feel the cloth seats are very cheap looking, hence I wouldn't put much value on them....

Also, 25 years from now, the majority of cars will be fully autonomous, so who knows what will even happen to current cars of our generation.

Some "collector's" may very well look at your car as a cheap version missing much of what brings together the full package of an F8X
Appreciate 3
alex23642873.50
nickl630499.50