View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 03:44 PM   #56
_robert_
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Your post is purely opinionated..... All people value options differently. I for one think the HUD adds to the overall driving experience and feel the cloth seats are very cheap looking, hence I wouldn't put much value on them....

Also, 25 years from now, the majority of cars will be fully autonomous, so who knows what will even happen to current cars of our generation.

Some "collector's" may very well look at your car as a cheap version missing much of what brings together the full package of an F8X
There's a reason why cloth and lack of technology is highly preferred in collecting - the materials have to last 50+ years, leather doesn't hold up and collectors want unrestored. This is on top of the fact that the original M3 had speed cloth. In 25+ years we'll be using a brain interface like Neuralink, I don't think the HUD will be impressive (which would likely be broken by then). Complicated electronics don't last decades - do you think car collectors want to collect computers?

Even if everyone has autonomous cars, there is always a market for vintage. Gas cars being banned just means new cars can't use gas, not old - same with non-autonomous being banned.

EDIT: And look - I didn't buy my M3 to collect it, but if I was collecting cars I would want cloth, 6MT, iconic cars.

Last edited by _robert_; 11-20-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 1