12-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #95
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
If you take even 1/4 of the money saved vs an M3 and put it into tightening up the handling and braking, you'd really have something. The brakes themselves are fine but I found it difficult to transition from hard braking to turn-in, possibly because the suspension and the chassis it's bolted to is so soft. I really didn't want my post to sound like it was criticizing the Mustang, you get a TON of car for the money. I just think it's clear where the extra money is going in the M3 so I feel these comparisons are ridiculous. The interior on the fifth gen Mustang really bothered me but the pictures of the new one look great. I was HUGELY surprised by the interior quality on the current Ford Focus, I went to test the ST with a friend of mine and I thought the leather felt a lot nicer than the Dakota Leather you get in standard BMWs, the steering and shifter action was very nice, pedals gave good feedback, the Recaro seats were excellent. That Focus ST really made me hopeful that Ford will hit this new Mustang out of the park and if the GT stays under $35,000 it would probably become my favorite car in that price range.
Bingo.

Does anyone actually feel the 3 series is luxurious at all? If Ford steps it up even a notch it'll be right there with the 3er. I find it funny we're saying how terribly the mustang is when their newer models and this one will be a lot better inside.

At the same time when people just talk about the 3 series in general, people complain that the leather isn't that great and matierals are cheaper than they should be at that price point.

I think BMW is trying to distinguish the 3 from the 5. The 5 is definitely luxurious, but the 3? Not so much, especially at the price point.
Appreciate 0