OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso4 View Post
Thanks this is an awesome post thanks!

One question about leasing with ED. Looks like the extra interest is almost 1.5 month's worth of payment. But BMW only gives back one payment. Since you're only leasing for 36 months, am I right to say that your saving from doing ED is really around $2k vs 4k? So you would save more on ED if you purchase instead of lease?

I'm thinking of leasing an M4 and I also want to go travel in europe, is the ED savings worth it? Or should I just lease the car here, and book the vacation separately?
Buying does not have the disadvantage of leasing with ED when it comes to that factor. If you are going to lease, I would still do ED especially if your thinking of a European vacation anyway. The experience is worth it.

If you're purely looking at ED as a way to save money, then you can make an argument to just lease stateside as there is added cost of the trip and some limitations as far as rolling accessories into the financing (MPE, black grills, etc.).

Now if BMW decides to drop the stipulation that M4's come from dealer allocation, ignore everything I said and do ED. The deals can get crazy and it's easy to get an ED M4 at invoice + $500. At that price point, there is no comparison.
Appreciate 0