Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
The only subsequent OEMhub+CBC issue would be to overpower the friction washer, somewhere in the very high TQ range (E85+HybridTurbos+Meth).
I completely agree. What I've always found interesting though is how sporadic spun hubs appear to be (modded, stock, backing out of a drive way) and thus far no one can fully explain the root cause.

Your mention of overpowering the friction washer is absolute valid too, much along the same lines though no one can tell us what the friction coefficient is and at what power level it would be in danger of exceeding its tolerance.

I personally feel that if the crank bolt is torqued correctly and held there via CBC, the crank hub would be fine until the friction coefficient of the disks were overwhelmed ; it would also be easier to determine cause and effect. The problem is, once the car has been driven there's no reliable method to really check if the bolt is still within factory specs prior to installing the CBC.

Without that, it's essentially a toss of the dice and take your chances that the bolt never moved before slapping on the CBC, or dole out 3k plus for a fix that may or may not be required.

For Sale

Last edited by MJ6; 10-20-2020 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0