View Single Post
      01-23-2016, 01:51 AM   #15
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

Lets not perpetuate the myth that Dinan is covered under the BMW warranty.

Lets also note what is warranty, maintenance and "additional maintenance/warranty" you buy in the finance office.

BMW may have some rule that says if the warranty is void so is the maintenance. Maybe, not sure, unlikely. If I mod my car by putting nitto tires on it instead of the factory approved Michellin's and I have a transmission problem, BMW may not have to pay for the fix if they can reasonably prove or otherwise outright state and you need to prove them wrong that the mod you made caused the issue. It has to pass muster. My focal speakers won't void the scheduled oil changes. Voiding parts of maintenance would be nutty. However if you put in a tune and the motor blows up, this may or may not be a problem although in any situation it's going to be sticky.

If you had extended warranty.service (paid extra) most states require your remaining reimbursement if cancelled by either party.

The only mod that can't void a part of your warranty is a BMW factory part.

What Dinan has done is "insure" their products so if their tune blows your motor AND BMW won't pay it and they can't find fault in you (other parts like a non-dinan non-bmw exhaust....) then they put a claim in on their (dinan) insurance policy. They are big enough now they might be self insured.

I am unaware of any other tuner that has this level of "insurance" btw.

Just talk to your SA and if they have a problem with your parts, then go to the other BMW dealers.
Appreciate 0