View Single Post
      08-14-2015, 04:44 PM   #56
RonnyK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbryson View Post
Couple of interesting observations about it. The auto stop will trigger as you slow to about 2-3 MPH. When auto stopped, the power steering drops out. If you roll up past 3 MPH, it will restart automatically regardless of clutch. (have found these out while rolling down metered entrance ramps at rush hour)
It also will restart if you move the steering wheel, say in anticipation of making a turn. When I had my ED last week and the Czech Republic and Austria had incredible heatwaves (98+ for four or five days straight), I started the getting message on the driver display that Auto On/Off was disabled. I kept thinking I had done some combination of throttle and brake pedal touches that magically turned off the feature. Only after I went through the manual did I see that the car electronics will disable the feature if it is very hot outside and you are using climate control (ostensibly, to avoid recycling the a/c compressor). Interestingly, turning off Auto Off/On via the button over the ignition causes the disabled indicator to go out. I guess this makes sense logically because if the feature is turned off, then it can't be said to be temporarily disabled.
2015 BMW ///M3 6MT, Austin Yellow Metallic/Sakhir Orange Extended, Executive, LED Lights, 19" Black Alloys, Adaptive M, Harman Kardon, S&T Cameras -- August 3 ED; August 10 Drop-off (Vienna); October 10 US Delivery
Appreciate 0