View Single Post
      07-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #6
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

A while back, I was on my way home in my R8 vert and driving along a poorly lit country road with 2 lanes each way. It was a safe area, and I was driving the speed limit in the right lane alone in my car. I get approached by 3 guys on sport bikes, which didn't bother me until they decided to box me in completely. One in front, one to the left, and one behind me. Given the time of day, I was not too comfortable with it, considering they could easily outrun me, and the next intersection wasn't for miles.

Luckily, after 2-3 miles of this, they finally got in front of me and took off. To this day, I still remember how uncomfortable it was.

Other than that, I've had numerous encounters on highways with other bikers, always the sport bikes, and I don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to really bother them that I'm cruising around 70 MPH in the middle lane. Other than the car, I try my best to be courteous and not draw attention to myself, but they usually try to egg me on for a race, which is pointless. So I usually end up checking if nobody is behind me, then slamming on my brakes so that they get the hint, and they follow up with flipping me the bird and taking off.

I guess the attention comes with the car, but I honestly don't know what else I can do to not piss off these bikers. I never get trouble from Harley riders.