paulo_f80m3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01' E46 325i / 16' F80 M3

Garage List
2001 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I don't understand. I got the same email but my vehicle has the 4G connection. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I got this email this morning from BMW of North America:
"There are important ConnectedDrive service changes affecting your 2016 M4, Vehicle Identification Number ending in XXXX.

As a result of the sunset of 3G service by wireless carrier partners, by February 2022 your vehicle will no longer be able to receive some or all ConnectedDrive/BMW Assist services, such as BMW Assist eCall, Advanced Real‑Time Traffic Information, Remote Services and BMW Online, depending on your BMW model.

The decision to phase out 3G network technology was made at the discretion of the respective cellular carriers and lies beyond the control of BMW.

Based on your vehicle model, you are eligible for a technology upgrade to maintain functionality of BMW ConnectedDrive services.

For more details, please refer to the 3G Cellular Technology Discontinuation Frequently Asked Questions or contact BMW Customer Relations at 800‑831‑1117.

BMW ConnectedDrive"
Here's the link to the FAQ (PDF):
https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/b...pdf/3G_FAQ.pdf

This happened on my wife's 2011 335is Coupe which had the original ConnectedDrive services for the first four years. We renewed the service in 2015 only to be told that she would lose the service when it expired the following year. Based on her build date, she was not eligible for a technology upgrade, rendering all of her ConnectedDrive services non-functional.

EDITED TO ADD: Apparently this has been discussed in other BMW model forums for several months.