View Single Post
      04-17-2015, 05:15 PM   #34
Whttiger25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i alpine white m sport

Changing residuals

I'm somewhat new to the leasing game, so let me ask - is it possible the high residuals are just because we are near the end of the model year? I.e., maybe the 2016s will start with lower residuals, but next April will come back up in a similar way? Or is there something else going on?

I'm planning on leasing-to-buy a 2016 M3 next year, hopefully ordering march-april, Euro deliver in May, and having the vehicle arrive at my dealership around when my current lease ends on June 30, 2016. Hopefully, everyone will be talking about the 2017s then and residuals on the 2016s will be nice and high. For those of you who are knowledgable let me know if there is some sort of a problem with that plan! (i.e. It will be too late to order a 2016).

In California, with excellent credit it makes a lot of sense to lease to buy because you defer taxes. I'm expecting to buy this car at the end but having the option is nice...who knows maybe in 3 years I'll be ready to go electric

If I hadn't put money down and MSDs on my current lease I'd try to get out of it but perhaps this is a sign I should spend the next year getting finances in order and making sure I can actually afford this

[Future] Build:
SS or MG Metallic
Stock 18s
Manual
Carbon fiber all over
Exec w/ black extended
Adaptive Suspension
HK

Hoping for some more paint color choices.
Appreciate 0