2005 CBR1000RR  [10.00]
1995 ST1100  [9.00]
2009 Camry Hybrid  [0.00]
It's in the averages

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBACE View Post
Since my journey began on acquiring an ///M, long before becoming a member of Bimmerpost, I had learned much from online articles, dealerships, friends, BMW and Non BMW car enthusiasts; but recently (2014 - Date I Joined Bimmerpost) most of my learning of my F80 LCI M3 has come from Bimmerpost members, both the ones with good intentions and from inadvertent and purposeful trolls. I really do enjoy coming to this website to learn more about my car, what others have learned, the *How to’s of the car*, and the ever entertaining *what in the “F” did they do that for’s*. I certainly have posted: dribble (see this post), trolling-esque observations and every once in a great while, I have written posts, which brought out discussion and appreciations.

I love my F80 M3 LCI and I appreciate this web site along with its members. Some day when I grow up: I want to have enough appreciations, which are greater than 3 Standard Deviations, and in the top 1-5% of the web site user community. Maybe being a meaningful contributor here on Bimmerpost will come in time for me, (I am well aware this post will fall to the top of the bottom in short order), until then I will settle for my current average appreciation per post (AAPP) = .6025. With the impending Smart Phone purchase, (could be an iPhone 8/Pro), Perhaps I will get closer to the goal, but must admit I would be elated with an AAPP = 1.0. Kind of reminds me of an earned management value system, might even be a good quality metric to go along with the deviation comparison of the entire community.

Drive well everyone and thank you for your contributions.
You do know that how you calculated your AAPP is totally wrong.... just saying that 1 post alone could carry the burden of multiple appreciations; which in turn means your AAPP is far lower than what your studious calculation came up with, but I guess you gave it the old college try.
I totally agree with your logic and the fact that a single post can accrue a multitude of appreciations. The standard deviation looks at the entire population and compares members against one another, my feeble average was just that, an average of your entire population of posts. I think if you look at the ratio, it can still provide a similar but different indication of the poster.