Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev608 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S View Post
Right, just like buying an OLED tv might "not be worth it" to you, but to someone who 1-has the money, and 2- likes a better picture quality over a LED, its worth it. To each his own. Im not one to spend or not spend someone's money. Im just here to give my input on what is available for their budget.

And YES, PPF is the better of the two, however its also the most expensive to have done right. (well past the $3K)
A local installer quoted me $3,200 for full PPF. Their local competitor wasn't much higher. That was just protective film on painted surfaces with no tint, no wrapped lights, no ceramic coat, no extras. The lower quote was for 3M self healing, the higher was for Xpel. We don't have a local Stek approved installer. I believe you would pay considerably more for their product.

Also, my car is basically brand new and wouldn't need much correcting/decontamination.
Every new car needs decon and paint correction. It doesn't matter if you drove a brand new car straight to a detailer to install PPF or a coating, it's going to need decontamination and paint correction. Any detailer that would tell you otherwise is a bad detailer in my opinion.

Check out this video from Larry. He was brought a brand new Porsche GT3 RS and the paint was terrible.

Appreciate 1
Bobh5952.00