07-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #148
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I have not disagreed with the concept, what I have disagreed with is the 'size of the issue'.
Absolutely not true, complete back pedal.

Quote:
Regarding Ferrari, I would not take any notice of their stance of Turbo engines. They tried very hard to convince the FIA NOT TO GO TURBO, due to the sound of the engine. They got Bernie and Jean Todt to come and listen to 'one we made earlier'. They make money selling cars that sound good, and they are obliged to fit similar tech engines into their road cars. They fear what this will do to sales, not to mention the chance that they might be caught out again like their turbo engines were in the 80's.
Good point, I don't know it to be true myself but sounds spot on. On the other hand Ferrari is caving to the pressure as well. They will bring F1 type lag reduction techniques and turbos to their production vehicles. They have announced this.

Quote:
e93 M3? Too quiet, too muffled.
Put any reasonable cat back system on the car and it is absolutely glorius. Some say it is even without a cat back.

Quote:
The F40 is actually very laggy, but such an exciting machine to drive, once in the sweet spot it snorts..bangs....and hisses and generally hits the driver with a 'shock and awe' power delivery. That is what I want, not some NA replica smooth power delivery that runs out of breathe when you least want it. But I guess that is too hard core for most.
And you've actually driven one? If not you sure make it sounds as if you have.

Cracking the throttle fast on any NA high hp exotic provides a similar level of excitement and response, just no turbo lag...

Happy 4th everyone!
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0