View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 11:44 AM   #1112
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Same here. When the 2010 Camaro came out in the summer, My dad and I found a dealer who would custom order us one at MSRP with 8 weeks to delivery. Eight weeks pass, and we pay off a service tech there to let us know when it comes in, because the salesman was being elusive and vague. Car comes in, same exact build as ours, and they say that's not our car, and our car is still on the way, and that a lot of cars are specced the exact same way down to every option and MSRP that we ordered ours with, so it was coincidence that the exact same car was on the lot at the exact same time ours was supposed to be. They told us they didn't know when ours was coming in, and to buy the one they have would cost a 10k markup, so we got our 5k deposit back and never came back for another Camaro or anything else.

Ended up dodging a bullet in that case, but the point remains. I've never had this issue with any foreign brand, only American brand dealerships. I feel bad for brand loyalists who regularly put up with this crap.
That would piss me off. What a bunch of a@$holes.

Agreed, it seems like the Ford, especially Shelby guys put up with the most. I don’t get it and won’t put up with it either.
Appreciate 0