View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #1122
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
IMO that is a heck of a lot to have to additionally put into a car that is already selling at inflated values due to covid.

Is that even a 100% fix? I am not completely up to date but I remember seeing some of the fixes were failing.
dmk08

It's as close to a 100% fix right now (100% is hard to do without the resources of BMW). As far as I've read, most of these guys doing this are running 800-1000hp cars with no failures related to the SCH. Blown engines related to other issues? Yes but not SCH.

I got my car before this pricing silliness set it so I'm good. My shop quoted me $3K for the VTT fix (with parts) and $4k with the 4 pin SCH fix. The VTT kit also includes the CBC.

There's a guy I follow on youtube that runs the VTT and has turned his car into a track car. No issues so far and his car has crossed 100K miles.

Yes, its not cheap, but this is not a cheap car either and the engine costs about 15-20K. You're right to be concerned about the SCH. Even on stock cars, looks like the fail rate is about 3% (I did some number crunching on the poll that was conducted)
Appreciate 1
minn1914034.50