View Single Post
      01-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #29
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

A welcome updates I'd say with changes to respond to criticism from the market:

Good things:
  • Latest modular engines (better performance/economy and refinement)
  • Better percieved interior quality with chrome/electro plating, stitched dashboard.
  • better rigidity for steering feel and handling (hopefully, especially for steering feel)
  • latest lighting designs with finally LED front/rear as standard (Finally, even econoboxes have had that before BMW!!!)
  • More colour choices: nice blue, grey and italian "cuoio-cognac" leathers. finally a brown and red offered for the M3/4 (!)

BUT, some misses:
  • NO configurable digital instrument display for the top of the line M's(??????).
  • NO touch screen like in the latest 5 Series (why???????)
  • No Oled rear lights offered as optional for M cars. BMW knows to offer options to their cars but have missed a sales opportunity here. even if it's an expensive option, there would be plenty of M owners who would pay for this exclusivity.
  • Interior could be better: big black plastic console around the shifter. Air vents look cheap (no metal finish like in many high end cars).
  • Design wise, I have to say that the round fog lights look very poor and are not well integrated to the design. Why not have an hexagonal shaped fog light?

The TFT instrument display (for M cars) and Touchscreen for me a the 2 major big misses and IMO unforgivable in the LCI.
JovanUK141.50